Doctor Who Announces All-Star Cast for 50th Anniversary
Ahead of tonight’s premiere, Doctor Who has today revealed some of the all-star cast that will mark the 50th anniversary. David Tennant and Billie Piper will join current Doctor and companion, Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman, while John Hurt (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Alien, Harry Potter) will also co-star.
Last seen as the Doctor on January 1st 2010, this will be the first time Tennant has reprised his role as the Tenth Doctor. During his reign as the Time Lord, Tennant appeared in three series as well as several specials. He was first revealed as the Doctor in the 2005 series finale, ‘The Parting of the Ways’.
Meanwhile Billie Piper, who played companion Rose Tyler for two series following the reboot in 2005, will appear in the show for the first time since featuring in Tennant’s last episode, ‘The End of Time’ in 2010.
Also confirmed to join the cast is John Hurt who will also co-star in the 3D anniversary special that will form part of blockbuster celebrations later this year.
The 50th anniversary will be written by Steven Moffat and Directed by Nick Hurran.
Filming for the 50th anniversary starts this week. Meanwhile Doctor Who returns tonight on BBC America (March 30, 8/7c), BBC One (30 Mar, 6:15pm), SPACE Channel (March 30, 8e/5p), and ABCTV (March 31, 7.30p) for a run of eight epic episodes, which officially introduces the Doctor’s newest companion, Clara Oswald, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman.
See all of our Doctor Who 50th coverage here.
Okay, so I haven’t posted in months (much less free time now mixed with a depression induced lack of motivation and anxiety) but ASCFGXDFXDGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the most exciting freaking thing I’ve ever seen.
I’m going to see MY Doctor and his Rose again!! Probably/maybe TenToo?!!! *squeeeeeee*
Oh gawd I’m so damn excited but there’s still a little whisper of worry about how they’re going to bring them back/treat them (I mean if they kill my Rose/TenToo “happily ever after” dreams I’ll be devastated!!).
BUT I’m not going to dwell on negatives now…my bebe’s are coming back…*SCREAMS*
The Doctor and Rose Tyler
- “From the moment they meet, the Doctor and Rose are soul mates. They understand and complement each other.” – Russell T Davies
- “What Rose brings to the Doctor’s life is completion. It’s completing a circle – he’s male, he’s alien, he’s a traveler. Between the two of them together they complement each other and discover each other. And are in love with each other – absolutely, unashamedly, unreservedly.” – Russell T Davies
- “It’s a love story…it’s like love at first sight, in a way.” – Christopher Eccleston
- “The Doctor is literally thrown into this bizarre new circumstance before he’s properly gotten himself together after saying farewell to Rose, who was the love of his life.” – David Tennant
- “I think Rose was unique in the sense that she loved him and he loved her back. And it was more than just a hint, it was deeply emotional.” – Freema Agyeman
- “The Doctor and Rose love each other. I think it’s that simple.” – Euros Lyn
- “She’s the one woman, the one human, that can make him better– that can make him a bigger character, a better man.” – Julie Gardner
- “From first holding the Doctor’s hand to a farewell on a beach, Rose is the Doctor’s reason to fight, to endure, to ensure there’s light in the darkness. Together they can achieve anything. As Episode 9 describes it, they are the stuff of legends.” – Julie Gardner
- “Obviously and quite overtly, really, the subtext of this show is that the Doctor is hopelessly in love with Rose.” – Steven Moffat
Something I wanted to finish for Nili’s birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY NILI!!! >:D<
You are the funnest, most awesome, nicest, craziest, loveliest, friendliest person (and the most famous Doctor Who fangirl on Tumblr) and ksdjfdsf you deserve all the love!
So, not only is this my eternal OTP but it is gorgeous and so very clever!
That friend of yours…what was her name?
FOREVER SOBBING AT THE LOOK OF HEARTBREAK ON HIS FACE.
Ugh, yes! So many tears…every damn time.
After wanting it for ages (I seriously don’t know why it took me so long to figure out/get it done), yesterday I finally got the Tardis noise set as my iPhone message alert tone!!!
I have to say, when the first text announced by that iconic sound came in, I was giggling and grinning like a loon…I may even have had a little happy dance around the room, hehe.
Aah, so happy to be a Whovian!
Please note: the above is not actually the sound file I used (mine’s longer) because Tumblr doesn’t recognise the file type of the actual ‘message tone’.